What are the advantages of carpet as a flooring choice?
Wool-rich carpet offers a unique combination of qualities that make it an ideal choice for your home.
- It's soft and feels luxurious underfoot.
- It's a great sound absorber and creates a quiet, soothing environment. Footsteps fall quietly and it dampens other loud noises.
- Wool-rich carpets help improve the air quality in your home. Wool-rich carpet is low-allergenic and will act as a natural filter, trapping allergens safely until they are vacuumed out.
- Carpet with a high percentage of wool is naturally fire-resistant.
- A wool-rich carpet is perfect in any climate. It is naturally insulating, making your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
In which areas of the home is carpet suitable and why?
Carpet is a flexible flooring option, which can be used in most areas of the home.
It is ideally suited to bedrooms but don’t underestimate the benefits of using carpet in hallways and lounge areas, where it can help to dampen loud noises and create a peaceful and relaxing home environment.
What suitability ratings do Brintons carpets have?
Our high quality standards mean our carpets are suitable for heavy domestic use or higher.
You can find out the suitability of each of our carpets on the website. Simply click on your chosen carpet to see all the specification details. Our Australian stocked range carpets have been awarded the ACCS Residential Extra Heavy Duty 6 Star rating. Look for the yellow and blue ACCS label on the back of our carpet samples.
Which underlay should I use for my Brintons carpet?
It’s important to choose a high quality underlay to keep your carpet looking its best for longer.
We recommend either:
- Firm crumb rubber underlays or high density supportive foam.
- Good quality hair felts with a minimum weight of 42oz per square yard.
- Felt/rubber combinations in the form of a sandwich. These combine the support of the felt with a softer, more bouncy feel underfoot.
- We do not recommend thick, softer foam with holes, egg box or waffle backings and lightweight felts.
What is Brintons Specially Woven for You?